When Jamie's away I get to do a lot of things I normally wouldn't be able to do. I get to watch "Good Eats" while I'm getting ready for bed, I can cook chicken, and most importantly, I get to rent movies from Netflix that only I would love.
Case in point: last night I watched "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken". A much beloved and fondly remembered movie from my childhood.
Is this a classic film? No. Is this movie so cheesy it's cringe-worthy? Yes. Is this a movie that is so bad that it's great? Absolutely. As a kid, I remember thinking that it was the most incredible story because it was true. As an adult, it was more exciting to see Jake Ryan in his last film role. It was also exciting when I realized that the girl who plays Sonora Webster was also in Scent of a Woman and she tangoed with Al Pacino.
It was a very good choice for a "Jamie's Gone" movie rental. Now if only Netflix carried The Flight of Dragons. That would be the ultimate sans-Jamie rental...
Thursday, August 23, 2007
The Cat's Will Play.
Posted by
Umo
at
11:37 PM
Labels: procrastination
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
1) Jamie doesn't watch Good Eats? Is he a Commie?
2) I love that movie, and it isn't cheesy, it's just good.
3) You just made my life because I've been trying to figure out where that Scent of a Woman tango lady was from.
1) It's not that Jamie is a Commie, but rather that it conflicts with Daily Show.
2) I know it's good, but I wasn't quite ready to admit it to the world.
3) And this is why we are soulmates as it had also tortured me.
1) Jamie is not a commie, and while Good Eats is also good TV, nothing beats the Daily Show.
2) You really like a movie about a blind show horse jumper? Maybe the plot just sounds cheesier than it is. Or maybe I married a cheesy movie lover (blue lagoon?). Which is fine too.
Post a Comment